Coexist

I realized stress could kill myself in the long-term when I was in elementary school. Stomachache had never been far from me in my childhood. Many causes contributed to it, and the most badass one was stress. Even though I had no idea what it was.

I had suffered with stomach upset for two days without medication. The pain flared up occasionally without any observable sign. Honestly, I haven't experienced such pain for too long, and it looked a lot more serious than I remembered. Every time when the strike hit me, I curled myself on my bed like a boiled shrimp. I figured out why it happened. It might be due to the massive amount of red meat I ate during thanksgiving holidays. It might be because my diet lacked of vegetables;however, none of them were the causes. After reminiscence took me back to my childhood, I recalled the scenes where I suffered from stomachache under massive stress. Stomachache and abdominal pain were the worst consequence once I was overwhelmed by stress and anxiety during my lifetime. I remember there's one day I stole an eraser in the store at my elementary school before I was caught by the staff. She forced me to write down my name and what I did. I had no option but did so with my fingers trembling. Suddenly, I realized I might become the youngest crime in the wonderful neighborhood I lived in. It was certainly the most shameful experience for a 7 years old ignorant toddler. Then I went to class as usual, and needless to say I was in post-traumatic mode that I couldn't stop thinking of the sanctions that would be imposed on me. I might've been grounded by my parents. I might've had to pay the fine that is 20 times of the price of the eraser. I might've been sent to the police. My blood ran cold. Bombarding by those fictitious scenarios, I began to have stomachache and abdominal pain. Slowly, I leaned on the desk with my face down as I sat at the back of the classroom. I had my two palms on my belly, trying to use the warmth from them to alleviate the pain, but in vain. Meanwhile, my intestines were tangled up like a tangled earphone that was always found in someone's backpack. The pain got severe as the stress and intimidation grew. To alleviate the pain, I had to curl my body to avoid stretching my stomach and intestines, and I ended up squatting on my heels with my arms embracing my knees. I finally realized that stress could make a person suffer both emotionally and physically, and even a kid could be beaten up by it so hard. I glanced over the classroom and found everyone was enjoying the teacher's lecture, and my ears were filled with the kids' laughter that I couldn't understand. I closed my eyes, hoping the nightmare was about to be over.


留言

熱門文章