Sketch (2)

The game fizzled out, and the scene of a giant zombie tearing a corpse appeared. He furiously broke the spinal cord of the character and sucked the marrow of it. I closed my eyes. It was a humiliation. "Damn! how can that be? Why did the Baron catch us? We could've end this shitty game!" Marcus was yelling and extremely devastated. He was absolutely right. We have followed the walkthrough on Youtube for hours. The previous stages were completed easily with the assistance of those videos but the last stage. "I don't know why, but the Baron seems moving faster when we play than in the walkthrough." Marcus said. I nodded. He was right again. The Baron not only moved faster but also knew where we were in the maze. What just happened was against our understanding of this game. I took the controller and review all the replays, hoping to figure out a bug the game developers didn't notice. After 30 minutes of inspection, I saw there's a hole we have never noticed at a corner of a road where we usually got busted by the Baron. It was impossible to see it unless you were on the right spot and moved the adjust camera to the right angle. I yelled with excitement. We may have been the first players ever to find this bug which the game developers have no clue what that was. Marcus wasn't celebrating. I saw intimidation in his eyes. "Don't go in it, just don't." He continued "What we have done for the game may evaporate if the bug leads to a game crash. It's not worth it, we can find other walkthroughs addressing this situation." I was out of my mind then. I continued the game. I knew I was gonna do it. Marcus was clearly defeated. "It doesn't matter, I am already done with this crappy game. Bye Ko." Marcus left my house, and it was the last time I heard human voice.

The coloration of the hole was scattered and skewed, meriting the characteristic of a bug. I slowly moved the character toward it. Out of my expectation, the Baron didn't even try to catch me while I was approaching the hole. It seemed that he wanted to know what would happen if I got in the hole too. He was perfectly still and staring at me. Sweat was coming out of my palm, and my heart beat skyrocketed. I hit the circle button on my controller, jumping into the mysterious void.

Crack! Out of nowhere, I heard a burst that was an overload to my eardrum. I stopped my ears from it, but at the same time I couldn't breathe properly. There's strong airflow rushing into my nose. As I started to wonder, I felt the position of my heart was higher. I got that feel every time when skydiving or on a roller-coaster ride. All of a sudden I realized it was me jumping into the hole, not the character.

留言

熱門文章